Breaking

LightBlog

DON’T LET ME DIE NOW!



DON’T LET ME DIE NOW!


I'm aware that I ain't too young
and that I'm too old is wrong

As long as death retains its features,
my strength remains a mere feature

Weakness equals not to immunity;
for death is blind to identity

Blacks give up the ghost in a snap
Whites get lowered into grave often in white wraps

My tallness would not plead its actions
Neither would shortness call for redactions

Death would not mind if I'm still single
and being married wouldn't rule its work illegal

It wouldn't spare me if I were a mother
to raise my kids for years longer

Barrenness shields none from its wrath
Though people might say such death's got no worth

Death could seize a wife and spare her husband
and it could be the other way round

Al-Khaliq is the creator;
The Supreme. The Dictator!

Dear Creator, I know everyone has to uphold the death vow
For me, I plead; let it not be now.

Spare me and grant me the grace, so,

I would, even if poor, enrich enough lives with my actions
In spite of my weakness, strengthen faith and rekindle hope of many nations

In darkness, I want my pen to illuminate path with its ink
and scribe stanzas that man would read and think

In extreme light, make me a shade that will protect  many from risky rays
Cloak me with a garment  that shines bright enough and never fades

In the morn, grant me the strength to survive its coldness
In the noon, let my words mop up stress and delete duress

In the evening, I want my words to praise every hard worker
and question the indolence of every lazzarone

Even in sleep when I'm ignorant of my environs
I want my impact to lighten the path of a whole lot
I want to be a light good enough that the blind would sense
I want to be a voice audible enough that the deaf would hear
I want to go beyond my limits without exceeding Allah's

If I do not die now, I want to live without leaving a stone unturned!

Yah Allah! Preserve my soul upon good deeds
Preserve me to live hale and heartily without any ailment
Preserve me to appreciate and utilize every moment to suit your likes
Preserve my life, make me live long enough fulfilling your words

Grant unto me, Peace
All my tasks,ease
Yah Allah! Please!

4 comments:

  1. Subhanallah. This is a beautiful piece sister. May Allah lengthen our lives as long as it would be profitable for us in dunya and in akhirah. Jazakillahu khairan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aameen Sis. Wa anti fajazakiLlahu khaeran.

      Delete
  2. Maa Shaa Allah!
    I beseech Allah to preserve our lives upon goodness.
    BarakaLlahu Feeh!

    ReplyDelete

Adbox